Terms Of Service
Welcome to Marketlend
By registering to use the Website, www.marketlend.com.au and any related Website address you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service or any terms provided to you from time to time either in your capacity as an Account Holder, Investor or user of the Website.
As an Account Holder, you have obligations consisting of but not limited to these Terms of Service. We direct you to review your Credit Terms and any other documentation provided to you during your application to obtain financial accommodation with us.
As an investor you need to be aware:
- Investors invest at their own risk and should obtain independent financial and legal advice prior to investing.
- Investment in a Business carries high risks and is highly speculative. Prospective Investors are strongly advised to take appropriate professional advice before bidding on any listing about which Information is given.
- The Information contained in our Website has been prepared by or on behalf of the person who is proposing to issue or sell the securities or scheme interests and neither Marketlend nor the publisher (if any) has undertaken an independent review of the Information contained on our Website.
- The Information contained on our Website about the proposed business opportunity and the securities or scheme interests is not intended to be the only information on which the Investment decision is made and is not a substitute for a disclosure document, product disclosure statement or any other notice that may be required under the Law, as the Law may apply to the Investment. Detailed information may be needed to make an Investment decision, for example: financial statements; a business plan; information about ownership of intellectual or industrial property; or expert opinions including valuations or auditors’ reports.
- When you make a request to withdraw funds from the Marketlend platform, we are obligated to ensure that your request meets all anti-money laundering and KYC requirements. After validating your withdrawal request, we will make every attempt to provide you with access to your funds within 3-5 business days. Please note that our ability to meet this timeframe is subject to the interests of all investors, the requirements of the trustee and the conditions of other third-party providers. There is a possibility that access to your funds could take up to 30 business days or more due to the requirements of 3rd party provider. Whilst there is a possibility that a withdrawal request will not be honoured within 3-5 business days, we have never encountered a situation where this has occurred.
- Marketlend makes no representation as to the accuracy or veracity of the financial information quoted or provided by the Business.
- If there is a conflict between these Terms of Service and any Credit Agreement with Marketlend or any agreement between the trustee of a trust where your Investment is funded and Marketlend, the terms of that Credit Agreement shall prevail.
- Terms used in these Terms of Service but not otherwise defined herein have the meanings given to them, either directly or by reference, in any Credit Terms you have with Marketlend.
These Terms of Service consist of:
- Clauses 1 to 20; and
- Definitions; and
- The Schedules.
- Marketlend Pty Ltd is special purpose company, wholly owned subsidiary of Tyndall Capital Pty Ltd (Tyndall).
- These Terms of Service relate to Marketlend, Tyndall, any related entities of Marketlend or Tyndall and any business trademarks used by Marketlend or Tyndall including but not limited to Unlock or RAI.
- The Websites www.marketlend.com.au, and www.marketlend.co.nz are operated by Tyndall. Any reference to Marketlend includes and is not limited to Tyndall.
2. Marketlend Services
- Through the Website (by any other means) our key role is to perform administrative functions on behalf of Account Holders and Investors in order to bring together prospective Account Holders and Investors, to provide a stream-lined process for entering into Credit Terms either directly or by way of a trust managed by Tyndall. Other roles include the co-ordination and facilitation of payment and collection of sums due under or in connection with such Credit Terms (including certain limited actions upon an Account Holder’s default as set out in these Terms of Service or any Credit Agreement). Please note that our roles are not limited to the roles set out above.
- We do not:
- Provide any advice or express any opinion to either prospective Investors or Account Holders on the question of whether to enter into any Credit Agreement or the interpretation of any Credit Agreement;
- Make any representation or give any opinion as to the credit worthiness of an Account Holder;
- Make any representation or give any opinion as to the accuracy of the online credit check of our credit referencing parties.
- An Investor must form their own opinion regarding the creditworthiness of an Account Holder and undertake its own research, analysis and assessment of each Account Holder for each Investment Request, and where appropriate, seek its own independent financial and/or legal advice.
- Whilst through the Website, we do make available certain information about an Account Holder, with the intention of helping an Investor make a decision and provide a risk assessment tool that gives a result as to the likelihood of repayment of the investment, we make no representation that such information is complete, accurate and not misleading, and we shall have no liability whatsoever for any information supplied through the Website about an Account Holder, nor any opinion expressed or implied in relation to the creditworthiness of an Account Holder (in the form of a risk rating or otherwise), which proves to be inaccurate, incomplete or misleading.
- Whilst the Account Holder may grant Security to the Investor by Marketlend obtaining a personal property security interest or the Marketlend trusts holding personal property security interest, we do not guarantee that the Account Holder will repay the Investment and give no undertaking whatsoever to the Investor that any Security will ensure that the Account Holder will repay the Investment. The risk of non-payment should be taken into account by the Investor in deciding whether to enter into a Credit Agreement, and in deciding the interest rate they wish to charge for their Investment.
- All of our fees are in payment for our role in supplying the Services set out herein. They are not for dealing with any analysis of the Information provided by Account Holders which we carry out as part of our free Account Holder due diligence and which is always undertaken on a no-fee, no-liability basis.
3. Lawful purposes
- You agree to use the Marketlend Platform only for lawful purposes, and in a manner that does not infringe the rights of or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of the Marketlend Platform by any third party. This includes conduct which is unlawful or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person, the transmission of obscene or offensive content or disruption to Marketlend.
- You must not post or transmit via the Marketlend Platform any unlawful, defamatory, obscene, offensive or scandalous material, or any material that constitutes or encourages conduct that would contravene any law.
- All information provided on the Marketlend Website is confidential other than if the information is available in the public arena. This information is made available to Investors on the condition that it is only used for the assessment of an Investment and is only made available to Account Holders for the provision of financial accommodation.
- Any use of this Information for other purposes, or release of this Information to a person or entity that you are not in managing control of, is a clear contravention of these Terms of Service. Marketlend or Tyndall Capital or its representatives will consider such breach as severe, and you will be liable for any damage suffered by Tyndall or its clients.
- You agree, as a user of the Marketlend Platform, that Tyndall, either in its own right or as the manager directing a trust, or Marketlend have the right to set off any funds deposited by you against any legal costs, damages or any other cost incurred as a result of a breach of these terms.
- Marketlend reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to restrict or remove users of the Marketlend Platform or any person’s access to the Platform at any time.
- Your use of the Marketlend Platform does not:
- Reduce any obligation You owe to Marketlend or Tyndall or its related entities or the trustee for Marketlend in provision of funds by Marketlend.
- Marketlend is not a substitute for independent professional advice and you should obtain any appropriate professional advice relevant to your circumstances when using the Platform.
5. Consent and Content
- If you participate on the Marketlend Platform in any way you may receive Information including but not limited to emails, correspondence, short message signals, notices or disclosure documents from us. Your participation where you provide any contact details means you consent to receiving Information. This consent is not withdrawn unless you advise us that you do not consent to receiving Information. We do accept Information, on Marketlend provided by a person or people making such postings, however, we are not responsible for Information provided by the person or people who made such postings. We do not endorse, support, or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any the comments posted on the Platform or endorse any of the opinions expressed.
- We take reasonable care in linking to other websites but we have no direct control over the content presented in those websites or the availability of those websites.
- We make no representation that the material on any linked websites does not infringe the Intellectual Property rights or any other rights of any person. We do not authorise the reproduction of such material.
- We do not endorse or recommend any links to external websites, or third-party content, including products and services offered by, from or through those websites or their content.
- We reserve the right to restrict the Information sent by one participant including any communication to another within a forty-eight hour period when we determine necessary at our sole discretion.
6. Opening a Marketlend User Account
- You will need to register with us to create a user account before you are able to borrow or invest.
- We will need:
- your correct and current e-mail address;
- your current home address;
- your mobile or home phone number;
- your full name (including middles names);
- your correct dates of birth; and/or
- other relevant personal information.
- You agree to notify us within 14 days of any change in the above information details.
- When you register, you will need to choose a username and provide an email, mobile telephone number and address.
- Before being accepted as a user on the Platform, you will be verified via Marketlend’s verification process.
- Account Holders and Investors will need to provide two forms of photographic identity documents, such as a valid driver’s licence or a valid passport or both and may also be asked for a voice sample, which will be used as your digital signature to access certain aspects of the Website, other facilities of Marketlend and for Investors to withdraw their credit from the Platform or a trust managed by Tyndall. Please be aware due to Anti-Money laundering policies, all identification documents need to be re-submitted every two years.
7. Verification and Unauthorised Use
- We verify your identity through a third-party service provider and you agree to permit your
information to be provided to this third-party for the purposes of identification. This
verification is for your protection, regulatory purposes and Investor protection. Any data
collected in the process is protected and held by the service provider.
We accept no liability whatsoever for any activity on your account by anyone using your personal information. If you suspect that there has been unauthorised use of your account of any kind whatsoever, you must notify us of this immediately following the notification procedure set out in these terms.
- You agree that you will not in any way change or attempt to change or avoid the login procedure used on our Website. In our absolute discretion, and for your protection, we will have the right to refuse to act on your instructions where we suspect that access has or is being gained by persons unauthorised to do so, or we suspect other illegal or fraudulent activity.
8. Becoming an Investor on Marketlend platform
- Investor Pre-Conditions:
- The Investor must be an individual, a partnership, a limited liability partnership,
a limited company or a public body;
- If the Investor is lending in their capacity as an individual, the Investor must be
at least 18 years old;
- The Investor warrants to us that it is not investing in the course of a business
or carrying out any type of regulated consumer credit business;
- The Investor must tell us if it has a consumer credit license or if the Investor
comes to acquire a consumer credit licence;
- The Investor agrees to ensure that all contact details supplied are accurate
and kept up-to-date.
- As an Investor, you will be given access to our Platform at app.marketlend.com.au/marketplace and the loan exchange at app.marketlend.com.au/marketplace-3/?microloans=yes. On our Platform there are details of each Account Holder and the terms of an Investment Request that the Account Holder is seeking (the Listing). The amount showing on the Listing is the maximum amount available to the Account Holder to pay invoices provided by the Account Holder or to purchase invoices from the Account Holder.
- You may bid on any Listing and by making a bid, you agree to be bound to subscribe to the Listing if your bid is deemed a Successful Bid.
- Once an Account Holder has received enough bids to meet the limit amount sought or if the Account Holder agrees to accept all the bids at or after the deadline on their Investment Request, each bid of this listing is deemed a Successful Bid.
- Your bid will not be a subscription until it is deemed a Successful Bid.
- In the event that your bid is not deemed a Successful Bid within the designated time frame you will have made no subscription and may bid on another Investment.
- If you make a Successful Bid, you agree you are a subscriber within the definition of the documentation of the Investment and agree you are defined as subscriber for the purposes of any legal documentation necessary to ensure you and the Account Holder are bound by the terms of a subscription, including but not limited to any subscription agreement where you are noted as a subscriber.
- As an Investor we expect you will complete your own calculation of your returns on your Investments and you can use the transaction record in the investor statements to do so. It is exportable in CSV or you can print it. However, if this is insufficient for you we are happy to do provide the statement just contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will supply one typically within 48 hours.
- Your Investor dashboard is located Here
or selected by choosing the drop-down Invest Now and then selecting
Investor Dashboard. The display
of the dashboard does state amounts based on certain assumptions that you should be aware of:
- On the Investor Dashboard, the amount available for Investment
is your balance of funds that are available less any current bids you have made on a
- The Estimated Net Return is calculated on the basis of the weighted average utilised
funds invested. Simply put, it is the assumption that all funds have been utilised
and the weighted average margin of your investments that you've made across the entire
portfolio. This Estimated Net Return does not take into account any bonus payments you
may have received.
- No tax or other costs of use of capital are considered in the production of any the
display of the investor dashboard;
- A reduction of a credit line to an account, that is when we reduce the amount available
to an Account Holder for use of capital, is stated as a return on capital as a capital
is returned to you.
9. Obtaining credit and becoming an Account Holder on Marketlend platform
- Account Holder Pre-Conditions:
- The Account Holder must be a business which is operating and is registered as a limited liability company, or limited liability partnership or sole trader with an Australian Business Number;
- The Account Holder must comply with basic credit and fraud risk criteria which will include obtaining a minimum score from out Credit Checking Agency;
- The Account Holder agrees that the details that it submits to us about its business may be published on the Website and/or disclosed by us directly to an Investor.
- Before you become an Account Holder, Marketlend will perform an identification verification process. A credit and financial check will then be performed. Only once this process has accepted you, will you become a Marketlend Account Holder.
- Once you have become an Account Holder you will contacted by Marketlend advising you of your Credit Terms and your Investment Request is placed on the Platform.
- Account Holder's Listing Obligations
- Upon execution of the Credit Agreement, you are obliged to accept the bids when bids are received to the amount equalling 100%
- Upon placement on the Platform, your Investment Request is advertised to Investors and you will be expected to answer any questions from Investors. You will be notified if a question is made by an Investor.
- You can check your listing by logging into the Marketlend Platform. If you forgot your password, click the lost password and it will reset your password.
- By agreeing to the placement of your Investment Request on Marketlend website, you agree to pay the maximum amount of interest set as a cap on the Marketlend Platform. A cap means the Investors are unable to scroll the interest rate past the rate set in the Dropbox. When the auction on the Marketlend Platform is ended, the interest rate is the weighted average margin of all bids.
- You are not permitted to cancel after the listing of your Investment Request on the Platform, however, Marketlend is not an advocate of making an Account Holder enter into terms that they are not satisfied with. On exception, Marketlend may agree to cancel the listing of your Investment Request, if you agree to pay a one-off cancellation fee equivalent to the completion fee of 3.3%, and any other costs incurred by Marketlend.
- Only once a listing is 100% funded by the Investor(s) within the designated time frame, will the Account Holder be granted funds by payment to the suppliers or service providers after settlement. Unless agreed, we will not pay the Account Holder directly, we will pay the supplier or service provider. Funds cannot be used to repay Credit Accounts by a Director or related third party unless agreed by Marketlend.
- Applicants are encouraged to keep an eye on their listing, and funded bonus payments are available in certain circumstances.
- There will be times when a listing is not fully subscribed, the Account Holder has a choice, either accept the bids or ask that the Investment Request is extended for another period.
- A listing cannot be extended for more than 2 additional periods (20 days) without Marketlend’s specific written approval. One period is 10 business days. At its discretion, Marketlend may consider alternative periods or listing arrangements.
- At the end of the last period, being the 3rd period (30 days), the Account Holder must accept all bids at that time or the bids will be cancelled and the listing is restarted without any bids or at the request of the Account Holder, the listing will be removed, and the application fee is forfeited.
- In the event that your Investment Request has not been 100% funded in the designated time frame, you can accept all of the bids on your Investment Request if the percent exceeds 50%, or on exception, less than 50%. At its discretion, Marketlend has the right to delist the Investment Request and cancel all active bids where it considers continuation of the listing is detrimental to Marketlend’s operations, reputation or overall marketplace governance.
10. Account Holder and Investor Checks
- As part of the registration process, we and certain people authorised to act on our behalf, will check your identity using third-party credit checking services, or other authorised third parties. Providing the information and documents we ask for is a pre-condition to using the service.
- Having registered with us and applying for financial accommodation through us, using third-party services, we will undertake identity verification, credit checks and fraud checks on you and in case of a body corporate or trust, the body corporate or trust.
- You warrant to us, and each Investor and Account Holder warrants to each other, that all information submitted by them in the course of the application and credit allocation process was at the time of it submission, and is at the time a Credit Agreement is entered into, true, accurate and is not misleading. If any information changes so that this is no longer the case, you must immediately update the information so that it complies with the warranty in this clause. Such updates will be made available to the other interested parties. A failure to provide accurate Information may result in an Investment being repayable early under the terms of the Credit Agreement.
11. Agreement, Account Holders and Lenders, Binding effect of bids
- In placing a bid, Investors agree that the bid cannot be withdrawn or altered without our consent and the bid will have contractual force if accepted by the Account Holder.
- You have subscribed to purchasing an Investment part or note in the trust where the asset will reside.
- It is a condition of an Investment being made (and paid by us) that it is funded. A completed Investment will be funded by those Investors who together have placed bids which in aggregate are equal to the total Investment Request.
- Account Holders agree to the Terms of Service and the Credit Terms prior to the listing of Investment Requests. Account Holders will also execute any additional document, by signature, when prompted to do so. We reserve the right not to proceed with any action in relation to any Investment Request including any advance of monies until we are satisfied all required documents have been executed by the authorised representative of your company.
- By agreeing to abide with the Terms of Service, Investors must treat all Information provided to them directly or indirectly by Marketlend as confidential and any access to the Account Holder’s information must ONLY be used for assessment to invest and not disseminate this information to any person without our consent. Breach of this requirement will result in cancellation of the registration, claim for damages by us, and immediate forfeit of all funds or a freeze of all funds held by us until the damages is offset against those funds.
- Prior to a listing, the Account Holder has entered into Credit Terms with Marketlend. When an Investment Request is fully funded by bids, the agreement is checked and lodged in our depositary of security agreements.
- If you purchase an Investment from another Investor (‘the Transferee’), you will take an assignment of the Transferee’s rights and interest in the Investment you have purchased.
- As an Account Holder, you agree to make payments when due for the capital and interest on the funds available to you and repayment of the funds advanced on your behalf by Marketlend to a third party or to you. If, at any time, funds advanced on your behalf by Marketlend or to you, are funds that were illegitimately obtained by you or your company or you are in breach or have acted contrary to the Terms of Service or Credit Terms signed by you at the time of application, we have the right to direct debit your or your company’s banks accounts for the amounts in part or whole of those funds.
- As an Account Holder, you agree that these Terms of Service, including but not limited to the Schedules, apply to you.
- As an Account Holder, you agree to grant security to Marketlend or its assigns in the form of personal property security interest. The type of interest is determinable by Marketlend. At your cost, you will from time to time, at the written request of Marketlend execute any deed, dealing, assurance or other document which Marketlend will in its absolute discretion require us/me to execute and do all such other acts, matters and things as Marketlend does consider reasonable for the purpose of preserving, perfecting or protecting the Charge and the Mortgage or more effectively securing the powers, remedies, rights, declarations and authorities of Marketlend under the charge and or the Mortgage.
- As an Account Holder, on settlement you will be notified:
- the interest rate, and the funds available to your account;
- the payments required monthly, weekly or daily depending on Marketlend's discretion;
- the payments consisting of capital, interest or both.
- As an Account Holder, you agree to make timely payments for interest charged on the funds available to you, and repayment of the funds advanced on your behalf by Marketlend or paid to you by Marketlend. If, at any time, we consider the likelihood of repayment on a due date is reduced due to you or your business’s cash-flow historically or you or your business, as an Account Holder, failing to provide sufficient information to enable Marketlend or its related parties to determine the likelihood of repayment on the due date, you, as authorised representative of the business agree we have the right to direct debit your or your business’s banks accounts for the amounts in part or whole of those funds on a regularly periodical basis, including daily, weekly, monthly or bi monthly or 90 days or immediately.
- As an Investor, you agree that you invest for the Term, and unless you notify Marketlend at least 30 days prior to renewal date, and you, as an Investor, cannot opt out of the Investment. Please note you can always sell your Investment on the loan exchange.
12. Selling your Investment.
- If an Investor would like to sell his/her Investment he/she can sell it to other registered Investors of the Marketlend Platform (‘the Transferor’).
- The price the Investor can sell his/her Investment for is subject to the restriction that the Investor can apply a mark-up or mark-down of no more than 3% of the outstanding amount of the Investment without Marketlend’s consent.
- On transfer of the Investment, the accrued interest on the capital outstanding shall belong to and be paid to the buyer of the Investment (for the purpose of this clause, ‘the Transferee’).
- On the sale of any Investment, the proceeds will be credited to the Transferor’s User Account and debited from the Transferee’s User Account.
- Upon the listing of the Investment on the Platform, our charges for the advertising to sell of 1.1%, will be debited from the Transferor’s User Account.
- Investments for sale will be listed on the Website for sale for a definite period of time determinable by Marketlend. At the end of the sale period, any Investment which have not been sold will cease to be listed.
- The capital and interest repayment is paid to the incumbent owner of the Investment on the day the repayment is processed.
- All investments are 12 months revolving facilities, where the borrower automatically renews it's facility every year, it is only unable to renew if it fails to meet a satsifactory risk review and not in default.
- Whilst you may choose to opt out of your Investment at any time, it is not an obligation on the borrower to repay. Essentially it is your right to offer the Investment to other registered Investors on the Marketlend Platform.
- Marketlend will use its reasonable endeavours to assist you to sell your Investment.
- Any risk assessment review and the transfer fee to Tyndall Capital for the transfer of the Investment is payable by the seller on the listing of the Investment. Listing fees are published on the Marketlend Website from time to time.
- We coordinate the development and management of Marketlend, however some interactions with Marketlend occur on systems under the control of Tyndall appointed third-parties.
- The Tyndall appointed third-party is responsible for the security of information while it is collected by, stored on or passing through the Marketlend (www.marketlend.com.au) system.
- We strive to protect comments and information you provide on Marketlend. We will use all reasonable endeavours to ensure that your comments and information are not compromised. However, we cannot guarantee that no harmful code will enter Marketlend. You should be aware of the risks associated with using websites.
- We recommend that you use appropriate and up-to-date firewall and anti-virus software to protect your computer systems.
- By submitting data to Marketlend, you give Marketlend consent to use your sensitive personal data. Marketlend will use this data when you apply for an Investment Request to carry out a complex credit and finance checking process. The results of this check will be available to you and the Investor via a Dropbox link or otherwise.
- We will only use and disclose your personal information to a person, body or other appointed third party:
- to provide you with a service that you have requested;
- as authorised by law, for example, if a law enforcement authority or court order lawfully directs us to disclose the information of a user;
- (Account Holders only) to inform Investors of the characteristics of your Investment Request. This will involve Investors being given access to certain information, about your financial and personal details;
- to update or revise the risk assessment assigned to the exposure of security that is the funding of your Investment.
- For more information about how we protect your privacy and personal information, please see
- In agreeing to these Terms of Service and by accessing and using the Marketlend Website and/or
- If you no longer want to be an Account Holder or Investor you can let us know and we will end your involvement as soon as any current Credit Terms are repaid and/or come to an end.
- We may, in our absolute discretion, terminate any involvement with the Platform, if:
- You breach these Terms of Service, or any other agreement with Marketlend;
- You breach any Credit Terms;
- We believe that you will be unable to meet your payments as they fall due;
- An Event of Default occurs;
- We suspect that you have committed fraud, been involved in money laundering or other criminal activities;
- You use the Website or Platform in any of the following ways:
- In any way that causes, or is likely to cause, the Website or access to it to be interrupted or damaged in any way or cause disruption to an Account Holders or prospective Account Holder’s business operations;
- For fraudulent purposes or in connection with criminal offences;
- To send, use or reuse any material that is:
- illegal, offensive, abusive, indecent, defamatory, obscene or menacing; or
- in breach of copyright, trademark, confidence, privacy or any other right or is otherwise injurious to third parties, or objectionable; or
- consists of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailing or any “spam”;
- You disclose confidential information provided to you by Marketlend;
- You disparage, defame, make comments or opinions that may damage the reputation of
Marketlend or be imputed to damage or negatively affect Marketlend.
- These Terms of Service are governed by the laws of the New South Wales, Australia and you
agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the New South Wales.
- As an account holder, you agree that Marketlend is entitled to provide to you a certificate in relation to the amount payable by you to Marketlend pursuant to your facility/facilities with Marketlend. Such a certificate will be conclusive evidence of the amount payable unless it is proved to be incorrect.
- If any of these Terms of Service are held to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any
reason, the remaining Terms of Service will continue in full force.
- We will endeavour to facilitate uninterrupted access to the Website. Access to the Website
may be suspended, restricted or terminated at any time.
- These Terms of Service do not negate any other terms or conditions that apply to your use
of any related Website of Tyndall Capital.
- You warrant and represent that you have taken all reasonable precautions to ensure that any
data you upload to the Website is not infected with any virus or anything else which may have
a destructive effect on any part of the Website.
- We may revise these Terms of Service from time to time.
- Please contact us if you have any questions, problems or feedback regarding our Website at
17. Marketlend Fees and Provisions
- Marketlend provides you with a Platform that provides for financial accommodation, in exchange
for providing our Services Marketlend will be paid an administration fee and from time to time
may levy other charges.
- Marketlend or Tyndall Capital may charge an Investor a fee or commission, any fee will be
communicated and clearly disclosed to the Investor.
- The administration fee is payable to us by the Account Holder on settlement and it forms
part of the Credit Terms agreement and/or any other agreements with Marketlend.
- Marketlend will charge the Account Holder, an application fee upon the filing of an
application for the Account Holder's use of and access to the Platform. The Account Holder
will be charged with a set fee once their Investment Request becomes 100% funded or the
Account Holder elects to accept the bids.
- Marketlend or Tyndall Capital reserves the right to increase or waive its fees at its sole
- Late fees are payable on outstanding invoices issued to Account Holders, or failed payments of interest or principal (when required) or failure to pay investors funds for investors who opt out on renewal dates. These fees are charged either when the outstanding amount is paid, if the account is brought up to date or on a monthly cycle every 25th of the month or at the discretion of Marketlend. As of 10 December 2014, late fees are A$25 per day or 26% per annum whichever is the greater but are adjustable at the discretion of Marketlend. A dishonour fee is incurred when a direct debit payment fails, on the first occasion, it is A$25 and A$100 for any occasion thereafter.
- Marketlend may elect that any monies paid or due by any Account Holder can be used for any
losses incurred by any Account Holder at that time or in the future.
- If an Account Holder pays all fees and charges on time and no losses are suffered by
Marketlend or its Investors in any way due to the Account Holder, at the end of all the
credit exposures of the Account Holder, any monies paid in excess of fees and charges
specific to that Account Holder will be credited to the Account Holder and set off against
the amount payable for the payout of all credit exposures. For avoidance of doubt, it is
only the monies paid by the specific Account Holder that will be set off on the payout of
all credit exposures.
- Marketlend may elect at any time to determine a liquidated loss on an Account and its Account
Holder is liable for the liquidated loss. If Marketlend decrees it may use monies paid or due
as set out in clause 17.7 to Investors' account.
- Any withdrawal of funds must abide by our anti-money laundering and identification policies and
- Provision fee of 1.5% deducted and payable by the Account Holder at settlement. It is forfeited
if the Account Holder fails to pay on time, payouts the facility within 6 months or causes
Marketlend to incur legal or enforcement costs. Please note this provision fee may not be
sufficient to cover legal or enforcement costs, therefore Marketlend reserves the right to
claim additional costs against the Account Holder for any late fees, legal and enforcement costs.
18. Add funds and withdrawals
- Investors may add funds at any time with the minimum amount being A$1000. If an Investor adds
funds that do not amount to A$1000, we will hold in credit until you reach A$1000 or unless
- You may also withdraw money that is not committed by a bid or is not committed to an Investment
on the Platform. Minimum withdrawal is A$1000 unless otherwise agreed.
- Any withdrawal is verified, and anti-money laundering policies are adhered to ensure that the
amount is not obtained from an illegal source or that the Marketlend Platform is being used
for an illegal purpose.
- Identification and other documents are required to be supplied by you prior to any withdrawal,
and an external search will be conducted to verify your identity.
- Marketlend can only verify the Investor according to what information was provided by the
Investor at the time of registration, and if it is the case that the information provided at
registration is incorrect or non-existent, it is the Investor's responsibility and the Investor's
risk that payment might not be made to you, due to an inability to verify the identity as required
by the anti-money laundering requirements.
- Any suspicious transactions will be investigated and reported to the authorities.
19. Limitation of Liability
- Each Investor agrees that Marketlend (including our officers, employees, agents or consultants)
give no warranty or representation about the ability of any Account Holder to repay any Investment
made by you to them. Whilst Marketlend provides some help in reaching a view about an Account
Holder's credit worthiness, our charges and commissions in connection with each Investment Request
are not in return for us sharing with you the risk of making an Investment, which would be much
higher if that was the case.
- Each Investor acknowledges that they are bidding and investing entirely at their own risk. If
you are unsure about whether entering an Investment using the Website or Platform is suitable
for you, you should contact an independent financial adviser.
- Each Account Holder acknowledges that Marketlend takes no responsibility for their credit
rating, and that Marketlend has the right to review and change an Account Holder's credit rating
at their absolute discretion.
- Each Account Holder acknowledges that Marketlend in no way guarantees that an Investment Request
will be bid on.
- Any guidance that we make available on the Website or in any other marketing materials, detailing
the possible rate of return on an Investment, are for guidance purposes only and are not guaranteed.
The rate of return on any Investment will be set out in the Credit Terms.
- The information we make available on the Website does NOT constitute advice, recommendation or an
endorsement of any Investment Requests, Investments or Account Holders. The Information we make
available on the Website is not intended to be relied upon as a sole basis for deciding to lend
to a particular risk graded Account Holder.
- We make no representation, warranty nor give any guarantee;
- That data displayed about an Investment Request is up to date and free from error;
- That an Investment Request will be fulfilled.
- To the extent permitted by law, You agree that Tyndall Capital or Marketlend or related
entities to Tyndall are not liable for any damage arising out of or in connection with
the use of this Website.
- This includes without limitation, direct loss, loss of business or profits (whether or
not the loss of such profits was foreseeable, arose in the normal course of things or
you have advised Tyndall or Marketlend of the possibility of such potential loss) damage
caused to your computer, computer software, data, systems and programs and the data or to
You or any other direct or indirect consequential and incidental damages.
- Nothing in these Terms of Service is to be construed as a waiver of Marketlend's rights.
If a clause is determined null or void or unenforceable it is to be severed from the Terms of
Service and the Terms of Service will need to be read as if the clause was not included. No
single or partial exercise of any right or remedy provided under these terms or by law shall
preclude or restrict the further exercise of any such right or remedy.
Account means a Limit provided in compliance with the Credit Terms as advised to you by Marketlend from time to time.
Account Holder means any person who uses the Marketlend website to borrow monies from an entity managed by Tyndall and defined as the Account Holder.
Application means the document or website that you entered Information into which was headed “Account Application” and located at www.marketlend.com.au or its related website address.
Business means any company, sole trader, or trust that has made an application to be an Account Holder and had or has, a listing on the Marketlend marketplace located here.
Credit Agreement means the Credit Terms between You and Marketlend including any amendments made from time to time.
Credit Provider means Marketlend or an entity nominated by Marketlend
Credit Terms means the Credit Terms Agreement between You and Marketlend including any amendments made from time to time.
Event of Default means:
- there is a breach by the Account Holder of any of these Terms of Service or any other agreement with Marketlend, or
- any monies payable to Marketlend become overdue, or in our opinion you will be unable to meet your payments as they fall due; or
- where Marketlend ascertains that the Account Holder has made any false, inaccurate or misleading statement having, in Marketlend's opinion, having a material effect on the provision of any monies by Marketlend previously or in the future to the Account Holder or in relation to making of any agreement or security or any related or collateral document; or
- if the authority or the power of the Account Holder to perform their obligations under any agreement with Marketlend or any security is revoked or so amended that the Account Holder is unable to fully and duly perform and observe those obligations or is the Account Holder is a natural person, the Account Holder dies or become incapable to not managing his or her own affairs; or
- you (being a company) are or become
- an externally-administered body corporate;
- subject to control by a Controller; or
- insolvent; or
- you (being an individual) commit an act of bankruptcy or are or become an insolvent under administration.
Information means documentation including but not limited to emails, correspondence, short message signals, notices or disclosure documents.
Intellectual Property includes the full benefit of any rights in any copyright, trade mark, registered design, patent, trade and business names, inventions, knowhow, improvements, discoveries, confidential processes and information and includes artistic works, images, designs, motifs and photographs and any adaption or concept relating to it.
Investment means the financial accommodation provided by the Credit Provider to the Account Holder by way of the Marketlend Platform.
Investment Request means the listing of a request for financial accommodation by the Account Holder on the Marketlend Platform.
Investor means any person who uses the Marketlend's website or Tyndall services to deposit monies in an entity managed by Tyndall for the purpose to enable a person to borrow in part or whole these monies.
Law means any Commonwealth or Australian state legislation regulation and the general laws and includes in particular the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and regulations as amended and the Personal Property Securities Act 2009 (Cth) and regulations as amended.
Limit means the amount of financial accommodation granted to you by the Account Provider from time to time as advised in writing.
Marketlend means Marketlend Pty Ltd together with its successors and assigns.
Marketlend Platform means the website and any of its related websites that provides access to Account Holders and Credit Providers to list or invest in loans or notes. Presently located at www.marketlend.com.au
Member means any person registered on Marketlend's website or an Account Holder who has made a Trade Credit Account application to Marketlend regardless of its status.
Mortgage means a legal agreement by which Marketlend lends money at interest in exchange for the grant of a Security in the debtor's or any other security provider's property, with the condition that any assignment by way of a Security will be reassigned or released upon the payment of the debt.
PMSI means a security interest taken in collateral, to the extent that it secures all of part thereof, of the purchase price as defined in Section 14 of the PPSA.
Receiver means a receiver, receiver and manager or other controller appointed by Marketlend under any Transaction Document and any person who derives a right directly or indirectly from any such person.
Schedules means Schedules 7, 8 and 9 of the Credit Terms.
Security means a mortgage, charge, pledge, lien, security interest, title retention, preferential rights, trust arrangement, contractual right to set off and any other encumbrance, security agreement or arrangement in favour of any person including a PMSI.
Seller means where reference is made in here, the Account Holder. Where reference is made in the general security deed at paragraph 1 of that deed, all assets of the Account Holder.
Successful Bid occurs once an Account Holder has received enough bids to meet the limit amount sought or if the Account Holder agrees to accept all the bids at or after the deadline on their Investment Request. Each bid of this listing are deemed Successful Bids.
Term means the period where financial accommodation is made available to the Account Holder notified by Marketlend.
Terms of Service means this document, being the terms of service published on the Marketlend Platform including any amendments made from time to time.
Transaction Document means all documents comprising the Credit Terms and any Security or Guarantee granted to the Credit Provider in connection with the provision of any credit or loan by the Credit Provider.
Trustee means any trustee of a trust where an interest is held by the Credit Provider including BNY Trust Company of Australia Limited.
Tyndall means Tyndall Capital Pty Ltd ACN 154 750 268.
Unlock is a business trademark and for certain business processes used by Tyndall or its subsidiaries.
Us means Marketlend Pty Ltd and Tyndall
Website means http://www.marketlend.com.au and its related website pages.
You refers to you or the corporate entity or trust you are authorised to represent.
In addition to the above, Schedules 7, 8 and 9 apply to Account Holders:
Schedule 7: Receivers: Appointment and Powers
Chapter 1 : Appointment of Receiver
If any Event of Default occurs then, during the period it subsists, Marketlend may:
- appoint any person or persons to be a receiver or receiver and manager of the Collateral;
- terminate the appointment of any Receiver; and
- in case of the removal, retirement or death of any Receiver, appoint another person or persons in the place of that Receiver.
Chapter 2 : Joint Receivers
If more than one person is appointed as a Receiver, Marketlend may at its option specify whether the appointment and the powers of each appointee will be joint or joint and several. If no specification is made, the appointment and the powers of each appointee will be joint and several.
Chapter 3 : Remuneration of Receiver
Marketlend may fix the rate of remuneration of each Receiver, which will not exceed the standard hourly rate from time to time charged by the firm of which that Receiver is a member for work of the level carried out by that Receiver.
Chapter 4 : Agent of Grantor
Each Receiver will be the agent of the Account Holder which granted the Charge (Grantor). The Grantor will be solely responsible for all acts and omissions by, and the remuneration of, each Receiver.
Chapter 5 : Powers of Receiver
Without the need for any consent from the Grantor or any other person, each Receiver will have all of the following powers:
- (Section 420) all of the powers granted to a receiver of property of a corporation under section 420 of the Corporations Act;
- (Dispose) whether or not in possession, to dispose of the Collateral in such manner and on such terms as the Receiver thinks fit;
- (Borrow or raise money) to borrow or raise from Marketlend or any other person any money which may be required for any purposes and, if the Receiver thinks fit, to secure any money borrowed or raised by the grant of any Security over the Collateral (whether in the name of the Grantor or otherwise) so that the Security ranks in priority to, pari passu with or after this deed. Marketlend will not be bound to inquire as to the necessity or propriety of any Financial Liability nor be responsible for the misapplication or non-application of any money so borrowed or raised;
- (Lease) whether or not the Receiver has taken possession, to lease or licence the Collateral in the name of the Grantor or otherwise, for any period and on any terms or to vary or terminate a lease or licence;
- (Collection) collect the charged debts forming part of the Collateral;
- (Engage) to engage consultants, contractors, professional advisors, agents and employees (including any person associated with a firm or company in which the Receiver is a member or in which the Receiver is interested and that person may charge for his or her services as if independently retained at a salary or remuneration determined by the Receiver) and the Receiver may act on any advice given by any person so engaged;
- (Conduct works) to repair, renew, replace, renovate or clean the Collateral, to erect any new buildings or make any improvements to any land forming part of the Collateral and to demolish, alter, rebuild or extend any existing buildings on the Collateral;
- (Invest proceeds against contingencies) if any of the secured money is contingent, to invest, deposit or hold the Collateral in a form or mode of investment for the time being as the Receiver thinks fit, with like power to vary, transpose or re-invest the investments or deposits from time to time until that part of the secured money ceases to be contingent;
- (Perform contracts) to perform, observe, carry out, enforce specific performance of, exercise or refrain from exercising, the Grantor's rights and powers under, obtain the benefit of, and vary or rescind all contracts and rights forming part of the Collateral or entered into in the exercise of any power;
- (Take proceedings) to institute, conduct or defend any proceedings in law or bankruptcy and to submit to arbitration, mediation or conciliation, in the name of the Grantor or otherwise and on any terms, any proceeding, claim, question or dispute in connection with the Collateral or otherwise;
- (Compromise) to make any settlement, arrangement or compromise regarding any action, proceeding or dispute arising in connection with the Collateral, to grant to any person involved time or other indulgence and to execute all related releases or discharges as the Receiver thinks expedient in the interests of Marketlend;
- (Appeal) to appeal against or to enforce any judgment or order in respect of the Collateral;
- ((Bankrupt debtors and wind up bodies corporate) to make debtors bankrupt and to wind up bodies corporate and to do all things in connection with any bankruptcy or winding up which the Receiver thinks necessary for the recovery or protection of the Collateral or for the security or other benefit of Marketlend;
- (Delegate) with Marketlend 's prior approval, to delegate to any person, for any time, any of the powers including this power of delegation;
- (File) to file all certificates, registrations and other documents and to take any and all action on behalf of the Grantor which the Receiver believes is necessary to protect, preserve or improve any or all of the Collateral and the rights of the Grantor and Marketlend in respect of any agreement for sale and to obtain for Marketlend all of the benefits of this deed and any other Finance Document;
- (Operate bank accounts) to open or operate any bank account in the name of the Grantor (whether alone or jointly with any other person) to the exclusion of the Grantor and to deposit or withdraw any money standing to the credit of that account and to sign and endorse or to authorise others to sign and endorse in the name of the Grantor cheques, promissory notes, bills of exchange and other negotiable instruments;
- (Do all other things) to do all things the law allows an owner of any interest in the Collateral, or any Receiver of the Collateral, to do; and
- (Do all things as are expedient) to do all other acts and things without limitation as the Receiver thinks expedient,
and any further powers as Marketlend confers on a Receiver by notice in writing to that Receiver.
Chapter 6 : Indemnity
Marketlend may give any indemnities to any Receiver concerning the performance of that Receiver's duties as are permitted by law. If Marketlend is obliged to pay any money under any indemnity, that money will become part of the secured money.
Schedule 8: Marketlend's Powers
Chapter 1: Exercise of Power
If any Event of Default occurs then, during the period it subsists, Marketlend may without notice and whether or not a Receiver has been appointed:
- exercise all or any of the powers conferred on a Receiver, or which would be conferred on a Receiver if appointed, as if those powers had been expressly conferred on Marketlend;
- exercise all other powers; and
- appoint an agent or agents (whether severally, jointly or jointly and severally) and delegate the Powers (or any of them) to the agent or agents (in which case Schedule 8, Chapter 1, Chapter 3 and Chapter 6, will apply as if the agent or agents were each appointed as a Receiver).
Chapter 2: Act jointly
Marketlend and each Receiver may exercise any of the powers in conjunction with the exercise of similar powers by the holder of any other Security over the Collateral or by any receiver or receiver and manager appointed by that other holder and may enter into and give effect to agreements and arrangements with that other holder, receiver or receiver and manager as Marketlend or the relevant Receiver thinks fit.
Chapter 3: Power of attorney
- In consideration of Marketlend entering into the Credit Terms, the Grantor irrevocably appoints Marketlend and each of its directors, company secretaries and attorneys from time to time, authorised officers of Marketlend and each Receiver, severally, as an attorney of the Grantor with power at any time an Event of Default has occurred and is subsisting:
- to do all acts which ought to be done by the Grantor under the Credit Terms;
- to do all acts to exercise or give effect to any power;
- to demand, sue for, recover and receive the Collateral from any person, in the name of the Grantor or in the name of Marketlend he relevant Receiver or any other attorney appointed under this Chapter 3:;
- to take further action and to execute further instruments which are, or are in the opinion of Marketlend the relevant Receiver or any other attorney appointed under this Schedule 8, Chapter 3:, necessary or desirable to secure more satisfactorily the performance of the Obligations or the payment of the secured money or to sell or otherwise deal with the Collateral; and
- to appoint (and remove at will) at any time any person as a substitute for an attorney.
- The Grantor:
For the purposes of this clause 5 a Related Party of any attorney is any Related Body Corporate of that attorney or, in the case of any attorney that is an individual, any person that is related to or has any personal or professional relationship, of any nature, with that attorney.
- agrees that each attorney may exercise powers under this power of attorney notwithstanding that the exercise may or will involve or result in a conflict between the duty of that attorney to the Grantor and either the interests of that attorney or a Related Party of that attorney or another duty of that attorney; and
- ratifies and confirms now and for the future all actions undertaken by or on behalf of any attorney under this power of attorney, including any action which may or will involve or result in a conflict of the type referred to in clause 5.1 or in respect of which that attorney has a personal interest.
The Grantor declares that this power of attorney will continue in force until all actions taken under it have been completed, despite the discharge of this deed.
The Grantor will do anything requested by Marketlend acting reasonably, to enable Marketlend to register this power of attorney in the manner and within any time limits prescribed by law to ensure the efficacy of this power of attorney.
Chapter 4: Marketlend may make good any default
If the Grantor defaults in satisfying any of the Obligations, Marketlend may, without prejudice to any other Power, do all things and pay all money necessary or expedient in the opinion of Marketlend to make good or to attempt to make good that default to the satisfaction of Marketlend. The Grantor will take all steps which Marketlend acting reasonably, requests to facilitate the exercise by Marketlend of its rights under this Chapter 4:. Marketlend will not be a mortgagee or secured party in possession simply as a result of the exercise of its rights under this Schedule 8, Chapter 4:.
Chapter 5: Notice for exercise of powers
- The powers may be exercised by Marketlend and any Receiver at any time during the period any Event of Default subsists, without any notice, demand or lapse of time being necessary unless required by a law which cannot be excluded.
- Subject to clause 3, if required by any law which cannot be excluded, one day is fixed as the period for which:
- default must continue in the satisfaction of the whole or any part of the Obligations or in the payment of any part of the secured money before Marketlend may give any notice or demand as required by any law affecting the powers; and
- default in the satisfaction of the whole or any part of the Obligations or in the payment of any part of the secured money must continue after the giving of any notice or demand before any power may be exercised.
If any law which cannot be excluded provides that a specific period of notice or lapse of time is mandatorily required before any power may be exercised by Marketlend or any Receiver, that period of notice must be given or time must elapse before that power may be exercised.
Chapter 6: Exclusion of PPSA provisions
- To the extent permitted by law, and in respect of each Security created by the Credit Terms:
- Subject to clause 10, if required by any law which cannot be excluded, one day is fixed as the period for which:
- the parties contract out of sections 95, 121(4), 125, 130, 132(3)(d), 132(4), 142 and 143 of the PPSA (to the extent, if any, mentioned in section 115(1) of the PPSA);
- The Grantor waives its rights to receive any information under section 275 of the PPSA and agrees not to make any request under that section; and
- The Grantor irrevocably and unconditionally waives its right to receive any notice of any verification statement in respect of any financing statement or financing change statement relating to this deed.
Schedule 9: Application of money
Chapter 1: Priority of payments
All money received by Marketlend or by any Receiver as a result of the exercise of the powers and all other proceeds of enforcement under this deed will be applied in the following order (unless, in the case of any money received which represents the proceeds of any insurance claim, the Credit Terms permit or require that money to be applied in another manner):
- (Incidental to exercise of powers) in payment of all costs incurred in or incidental to the exercise or attempted exercise of any of the powers;
- (Outgoings) in payment of any other outgoings as any Receiver or Marketlend thinks fit;
- (Payment of Security having priority) in payment of all amounts secured by the prior Security and any other Security of which Marketlend is aware which have priority to this deed, in the order of their priority;
- ((Payment of secured money) in payment of the balance of the secured money then owing or contingently or prospectively owing, whether or not due and payable;
- (Subsequent Security) if Marketlend determines to do so, in payment of all amounts secured by any subsequent Securities of which Marketlend is aware in the order of their priority; and
- (Surplus) the surplus (if any) belongs to the Grantor but does not carry interest. Marketlend or relevant Receiver, as applicable, will pay this amount to the Grantor by paying this amount into an account in the name of the Grantor.
Chapter 2: Money received
In applying any money towards satisfaction of the secured money in the manner contemplated by Schedule 9, Chapter 1:, the Grantor will be credited only with as much of the money available for that purpose as is actually received by Marketlend or any Receiver and is not required to be disgorged. Any credit will date from the time of receipt.
Chapter 3: Application of money
Marketlend and each Receiver has an absolute discretion to apply any money received as a result of the exercise of any power or which is the proceeds of enforcement of this deed (and which is to be applied in payment of the secured money) in reduction of any part or parts of the secured money, whenever and on whatever account it became secured, despite any principle or presumption of law to the contrary or any direction given at the time of receipt and without the need to communicate its election to any person.
Chapter 4: Reliance on certificate
In making any payment to the holder of any other Security as contemplated by Schedule 9, Chapter 1:0Marketlend and each Receiver may rely on a certificate from that holder as to the amount secured by the relevant Security and is not bound to inquire as to the accuracy of the certificate or whether the amount referred to is validly secured by the Security.